It is my little niece’s birthday tonight. I wanted to make her something so I came up with this cute shirt to go with a skirt I made …. I have been feeling VERY crafty lately :) I thought it was a pretty cool idea, the flowers sort of POP out at you, so I photographed the steps as I made it. Hope you like it!
• Fabric with flowers in the design
• Fusible interfacing (the kind that irons to ONE side)
• Strong thread
1. Cut out around the flowers you are going to use and a piece of your interfacing to match. Iron the interfacing to the wrong of your fabric (this will make your flowers nice and srong)
2. Cut out your flowers.
3. Using a needle and some strong thread, sew a few stitches around the center of your flower (see first photo). Pull the thread to gather the center up (see second photo). That should make your pretty flower come to life :) Tie off and repeat for each flower.
4. Decide how your want your flowers to be on your shirt and pin them down.
5. Tack each flower onto your shirt with a few stitches through the centers of them. This is what the inside of my shirt looked like when I was finished tacking the flowers down.
I made a "Bubble Skirt" to match. They are too cute, you can see how to make one HERE... she has a fabulous tutorial!
If I don’t post again this weekend I hope you all have a Hoppy Easter… ha ha so cheesy!