Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cowboy Party Details PART 1

The décor!
I made a ton of stuff for this kiddo’s birthday. I got the idea for a “cowboy” theme early so I had been collecting things for months. I did a search on Google and got a ton of ideas too. Most of this stuff I had so I didn’t have to spend a bunch of money… nice! Anyway, here are some of the details!
The finished invite.
I backed the photo on 2 pieces of cardstock to frame it and then used my sewing machine to stitch around the edge. In the envelope I also included a magnet (made with paper scraps, glass piece, magnet and Mod Podge) to hang it on the fridge with and a photo of West from every month leading up to his birthday.

This sign is made from scraps of paper with cardstock letters tacked on. I used my sewing machine to sew them all together leaving long ends to hang them up with. EASY

I got these wooden shapes for 10 cents so I had to make this little hanging deco to use them up :)

Table Centers.
I found these darling little vases at JoAnn for way cheap and filled them with fake daisies. The photo blocks are made from wood covered in Mod Podge and photos of West. Everyone loved these; it was a great way to show off extra photos. I also displayed his old baby boots and bone baby rattle we bought when he was tiny. Oh the memories!

Found this bail of hay and little roster at a thrift store!

We had a bucket of stick ponies for the little kids to ride.

The "Wanted" signs were from a party store. They were scattered all over the yard.

I made these “Lollies” using THIS tutorial. They are made from newspaper… you can’t get cheaper decorations than that!
I think that covers the decorations. I still have to show off the cake, outfit and other fun stuff later. We are off to the pool for now! Have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Looks like you had a fun party! I can't believe West is already 1!
Charlie's turning 3 on Monday. I think I might have to make some "lollies" for his party too. They look easy, and inexpensive to make. :)

Emily Hartvigsen said...

...by the way...I LOVE your new blog layout!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :) I love seeing your thoughts!