Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh Valentines Day...

I have mixed feelings this V-day....
Happy, sad, silly, mad... let's leave it at that =) 

 I adore this day o' love partly for the decorating possibilities!  This has to be one of the funnest holidays to make and buy stuff for.  I love it! I got so much inspiration from Pinterest this year. 
In addition to my vintage valentine display, I whipped up these babies....

 I have to be honest.  I totally made them last night.  I had all the supplies for weeks and never got around to it.  I was DETERMINED to finish them, even if it was just for one day.  At first I hated them and I was going to quit.  I kept going and tweaking them a bit and now I love them.  I think the color combo is perfect too.  I wanted them to match the convo hearts in the jars. 

I found this darling valentine idea for my kiddo's classmates HERE.  Aren't they sweet little "love bug" cards!?  They were so quick and easy.  We even made his teacher a special valentine.  He said she hates spiders so we glued one in a jar and poked holes on the top to make it look real. 
 Hope your Valentines day was super sweet! XOXO

1 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Really cute letters! Who doesn't have mixed feelings about Vday?? :) But once you have kids, it does take on a new meaning. Seeing my preschooler glow this year at getting his valentines (and candy!) was so much fun!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :) I love seeing your thoughts!